La Marieta kindergarten follows an existential and experimental model based on “learning by doing”. We try to obtain a climate that encourages the children to internalise their own knowledge, through different activities that promotes them to be their own “active agents” of this process.
Our school follows the Currículum de Educación Infantil de la Generalitat de Catalunya that, in broad strokes, is divided in the following areas:
– Knowledge of the own body
– Knowledge of the social and natural surroundings
– Intercommunications and languages
In our school we use these educational contents – specifically our educative activities – in a main group of targets, always keeping in mind that children start from the moment they are born, to socialise and process their surroundings. Therefore, although they are still very young, they can also contribute from personal experience:
– To recognize and experiment with their own body, to get to know and gain control over the own body.
– To learn the means of affective bonding, that will help in the process of feeling secure and get the self asteem to be able to express their feelings to other people.
– To cover their emotional and social needs, in order to encourage the acquisition of a greater degree of autonomy.
– To be able to express their emotions and sensations in different languages (verbal, corporal…).
– To foster a global development.
– To respect the maturity and evolutionary rate of each child based on his/her individual needs and potentialities.
– To respect the free play, to help to harness the initiative, the imagination and to foster a global development.
– To follow the overall objectives with purpose to initiate the formation of respectful children, with the interaction in society, in mind.
– To transmit all the objectives from the necessity to love and to be loved.